What is Migraine?
Migraine is a type of headache in which one half of head feels pulsating pain. This pain may last from 4 to 72 hours. Sometimes, some other symptoms are associated with this pain including vomiting, nausea and increased sensitivity to light & sound. Migraine is a neurological syndrome. It is more common in women, especially during or immediately after their menstrual cycles.
What are the Causes of Migraine?
The exact cause of this condition is unknown. But it is believed that migraine occurs because of dilation and inflammation of blood vessels present in the head region. This vessels dilation causes disturbance in blood flow to head area that causes the pain.
There are many factors that can trigger the attack of Migraine. Some factors are mentioned below:
- Stress, anxiety, depression, excitement or worry
- Doing hard work or doing over-relaxation
- Patient may be sensitive to some foods and when these foods are used Migraine attack may be triggered. For example, chocolates, coffee, tea, cheese, citrus fruits etc.
- Low Blood Sugar levels can also initiate migraine attack.
- High blood pressure is also a major factor.
- Improper sleeping habits can also be a cause.
- Hormonal changes may also cause Migraine. Migraine is more common in women especially during or after their menstrual cycles. The disturbance of hormonal levels, like estrogen and serotonin, is the main cause.
Symptoms of Migraine?
- Pain is on either side of head
- Pain is hammering or pulsating
- Pain increases when you do some work
- Vomiting and Nausea may also be associated with head pain
- Visual disturbances may occur like double vision, hallucinations and flashing lights
Treatment of Migraine in Homeopathy.
Homeopathic treatment of Migraine is considered as the best remedy because this treatment is effective, natural, safe and long-lasting. In homeopathy, medicine is given after studying the overall personality of patient. The medicines of one patient may be entirely different from others, although both may have very same symptoms.
By proper homeopathic treatment the patient feels improvement after 2-4 weeks. Now patient will experience lesser pain attacks. Also these attacks will end sooner. After 4-8 weeks, the Migraine attacks are almost finished but the actual causes of problem are still existing inside patient. You should not stop the treatment at this time OR your problem may re-appear. For maximum results and 100% recovery 6-12 months may be required.