What Is Depression?
Depression is a serious problem when the sufferer becomes quite sad, helpless, and looses hope and interest in the daily activities of the normal life.
Symptoms of Depression
National Institute of Mental Health states in one of its studies based on depression observed that the patients of this medical problem do not have the same symptoms. Different people have different causes and intensities of depression. However, some of the main symptoms of depression are given below:
- The person with depression finds it difficult to concentrate and remember the facts and figures. He or she also looses decision making power.
- Fatigue is one of the main symptoms of depression.
- The patient of depression has some sort of guilt in his or her mind and is hopeless in his attitude.
- Waking up quite early as compared to the normal routine or sleeping for many hours also referred to the symptoms of depression.
- Sometimes a person starts overeating OR does not take proper diet, this could also lead to severe depression.
- Prolonged headaches and digestive issues are also the symptoms of this disease.
- When a person remains sad all the time, loses interest in the life and starts thinking to commit suicide then it is an alarming situation as it is a real case of depression.
Causes of Depression
Depression often runs in families. This may be due to your genes (inherited), behaviors you learn at home, or both. Even if your genes make you more likely to develop depression, a stressful or unhappy life event usually triggers the depression.
Many factors can cause depression, including:
- Excessive use of Alcohol.
- Different health issues like several forms of cancer
- Persistent aches like headache
- Sleeping issues
- Tense life routine such as issues at office or school
- Inferiority complex
- Problems in love or marital life
- Sudden death of beloved or a person whom the patient was attached emotionally.
- Tensions in domestic life such as separation with the spouse or the tension between the parents of the patient.
- Moreover, poor grades in studies, losing a professional job and isolation are also referred as the causes of depression.
Homeopathic Remedies for Depression
Homeopathic treatment is a very encouraging way to deal with the issue of depression as it is harmless and does not have any side effect to the patient. That is why most of the people around the world prefer homeopathic medicines for its treatment.
While treating depression a skilled homeopathic doctor tries to understand the main reasons and causes of depression in patient. This is very necessary and helps in proper treatment. Once the main reasons are understood, specific medicines are given that help to release tension, anxiety and depression. Many times, depression is caused by the increased or decreased production of certain chemical and hormones in the body. With homeopathic medicines, the hormonal production is controlled and patient feels happiness and peace of mind.
Here is a list of some of the effective homeopathic medicines that can be used to cure different types of depression.
- China Officinalis
- Ignatia amara
- Natrum muriaticum
- Pulsatilla nigricans