What is Spinal Disc Herniation?
Spinal Disc Herniation is a condition in which one or more discs of spinal cord are affected. The material present inside the disc is swollen and exert pressure on its outer hard membrane. This results in bulging of disc at various spots and may press the surrounding nerves. This may cause extreme pain. The problem usually occurs in the disc present in lower back. If the problem persists and not treated the spasm and pain in back limits body movement. Sometimes the pain can move in one of your arms or legs.
What Causes Spinal Disc Herniation?
Wear and tear is known as the key factor that may cause spinal cord herniation.
There are some activities that can also cause this problem, some of them are given below:
• degeneration of disc.
• Sudden jerk.
• Trauma to spine.
The most commonly affected discs are are L4-L5, L5-S1.
Main and Common Symptoms of Spinal Disc Herniation
The most common signs and symptoms of Spinal Disc Herniation include:
- Leg pain that is known as sciatica, is the main symptom of this issue.
- Sometimes, back pain is also associated with this pain. In general pain in your leg is more irritating as compared to the back pain.
- Numbness and weakness in your leg is also an indication of spinal cord herniation.
- Chronic pain in your buttock is another sign of this disorder.
- Loss of bladder or bowel control may also be due to spinal cord herniation.
Allopathic Treatment of Spinal Disc Herniation
There are many ways to treat Spinal Disc Herniation issue in Allopathy. Most of these ways try to suppress or minimize the symptoms of issue but do not cure the main issue. As a result the problems re-appears if treatment is stopped. If all of following methods fail then surgery is done to treat this problem which is very painful, expensive and have lots of side effects which patients have to suffer for the rest of their lives.
Common treatment ways include:
- Physical therapy
- Osteopathic/chiropractic manipulation (manual manipulation)
- Heat and/or ice therapy
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Oral steroids (e.g. prednisone or methyprednisolone)
- An epidural (cortisone) injection
Homeopathic Treatment of Spinal Disc Herniation
The homeopathic treatment is available for almost all medical problems. There are a number of medicines in homeopathy that can give you relief from spinal cord herniation. This list includes some of the most effective homeopathic medications that help in fighting against this chronic problem. These medicines help in relieving pain by decreasing inflammation and moving all parts of disc at their proper locations:
- Calc carb.
- Kali carb.
- Rhus tox
You must consult a licensed homeopathic doctor before using any of these medicines. Using any medicine listed here, on your own, is not recommended. We only list medicines for information. Only your homeopathic doctor can suggest what is best medicine after examining your current condition.